Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thayne can swim!!!

THAYNE CAN SWIM!!!!!! We have trying to teach him for so long. we knew he could do it but he would freak out every time we took off his life jacket and try to teach him. I shouldn't say freak out cause he loves water, but he would be VERY whinny and not want to try our tactics. So Scott and I decided to put him in swimming lessons. He was only in it for one day, one hour. He was the best little 3 yead old swimmer. He knew how to hold his breathe and move his legs and arms to swim. He was such a little show off. But the one day in class gave him the confidence he needed to swim. I am so proud of him. Now we just need to teach him how to hold his head up.

I tried to upload a video of him jumping in and grabbing the dive rings but it was taking to long to upload. Anyways that too I knew he could do but he wouldn't. Until after the class he gave it a try and now that's all he does. With me standing right next to him the whole time.

So now he has a week and half left of swim lessons....I wonder what he will do next.

4 comments:

Tera said...

That is very impressive! I think he might even swim better than my 8 year old!

Anonymous said...

YAY! We're thrilled! He's so cute and so happy about his accomplishments! Terrific! Next step..olympic trials! Love to all Mom and Dad xoxoxoxo

britt said...

wow!! yea thane!! so fun!

Keeping Up With The Joneses said...

I'm going to be in Georgia on the week of the 21 sometime. We get to play and go to the beach. Tell me you're excited to see me, go ahead.