Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Enjoy life

Saturday, Oct 4th we took Thayne out for some fun. Who's to say conference is not fun...but an opportunity to fly in a helicopter tempted us away. We can read the talks in the Ensign. We got a sitter for Kaydee and went to have some fun. Thayne was so excited to go see airplanes and helicopters. We drove just north of Dothan Alabama to see an air show. When we woke Thayne from his nap in the car the first thing he said was "helicopters" and scanned the skies for any sign of them.
We jumped at the chance to fly in a HUEY helicopter. Things like this don't happen everyday. I don't know who's smile was bigger Scott's or Thayne's. It was an experience of a lifetime. And now we have bragging rights.
After the small airshow we took Thayne to Chuck E Cheeses. He did not want to leave. He loved it. And we loved watching him. Having kids is so much fun and gives us an excuse to act like kids! Scott and Thayne played the Hoop Shot game. I should say Scott played and stole the balls from Thayne. He got very competitive. I was laughing. Thayne couldn't decide what to play....everything looked like so much fun. When it was time to go he was very verbal about telling us he did not want to leave. He told me to go home and he would stay here.
After Chucky E Cheeses I ran into Toys R US to get Thayne's costume. He is so cute as a monkey!

Now when we see people Thayne is sure to tell them he flew in a helicopter and put ear plugs in. He thought the ear plugs were cool!

3 comments:

TroxelTribe said...

Yay! I'm so glad you finally caved and started a blog!! :) The helicopter sounds like such fun and I'm sure both of your boys :) will be bragging about it for awhile!

Lisa said...

I think I would have opted for the helicopter ride too! Though Conference was amazing, like you said, you can (and I know you will) read it later. Glad you finally started a blog! Love you!

Marlena said...

Your family is so cute. You are the same about crazy ideas for pictures. I love the "pumpkin".