Sunday, December 21, 2008

WHAT? The beach in Dec?

So what did you do this weekend? Play in the snow? This is our snow. The beautiful white sands of the gulf. This weekend the weather was 73 at the beach. It was PERFECT weather. The water was just right. We were suppose to fly to Okeefenokee Swamp and canoe around seeing aligators. But the clouds were to low for Scott to fly us over there. So instead we went to the beach with some friends. We had to so we could say we went to the beach in Dec. Bragging rights you know.


I know I'm the Mom but I have such good looking kids! It is so hard to get him to look at me so I can get this pic.

Thayne's future wife. She is such a cutie. Her mom and I joke (like all mom's do) our children will marry and have such beautiful children. I would love for him to marry her.

Mommy's beautiful princess.


I should have worn a bathing suit. I just wasn't thinking. I was thinking "pictures"


we were the only ones at the beach. It was awsome. We are at ST George Island. Just a huge sand bar off the coast that rich people have homes on.






The best part about beaches here is you see cool things. This is a dead horseshoe crab. California beaches don't have cool stuff like this on their beaches. I have never seen one in the water.
Well I have the official OK from the city folk to let me have my studio. They offer a great opportunty for small business people. They have a small space where 6 starting out business can share. They all have there little space. The city pays the first 6 months of rent and utilities. After that you share in the rent with the other business. There are only 4 there and I will # 5. Rent will only cost about $75 a month. They pay for the sdverstising. well just the start of the advertising (front page newspaper add and stuff). My name will be on the door. This deal is too good to pass up and I will be the only studio in Colquitt. My only competion is 1/2 hour away in any direction. This summer I will be an aprentice to a friend who does weddings on the beach. Working with her will really help my confidence with weddings. I didn't want to do anything for a year but opportunities like this don't happen twice. I really just want it for the clients. This will make it so i don't have to go fishing for clients. the studio will be at the main part of the town. I should be up and running the end of Jan or 1st of Feb. I'm so excited.
The other wonderful news is that Scott will be the main pilot next year. Actually the only pilot unless he needs help. We are so excited.
We are being so blessed and we are truly counting our blessings.







4 comments:

Amy Heath said...

congrats! I am so jealous...there is nothing like that here in Boise, and it's full of competition. You do a beautiful job, what kind of a camera do you have?

TroxelTribe said...

Oh Lorri, that's awesome! I'm so happy for you guys - it sounds like a great opportunity! Wow :)

The b&w pic of the two kids on the beach and the other b&w one of Scott and Thayne are my favs - they're gorgeous!

Oh, and you can share your Dec beach bragging rights with us :) We just got back from the Bahamas :) wahoo!

Scott and Lorri said...

my response to your bahamas is you still have to return to colorado. so there!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Love the one of Thayne looking at the camera. Some people will be envious of your beach trip..not me. I loved our 8in. snowfall. Dad will run to Sac today and then be home all week. Nice for Keith and Debbie's visit. Expect more snow this week. Where's all that global warming we hear about? Kaydee is a princess...like her Mommy. Love Mom