Sunday, January 11, 2009

lesson learned

This morning I decided to use my curling iron. I haven't used this thing in 3 years, I think. Last time my hair was long was 3 years ago. So anyways it sat on the sink for about a half hour. I wanted it good and hot. Well, Thayne has never seen it. He has only seen my hair straightener. He knows "no touch" on that hot object, but not the curling iron. We went to the bathroom to fix his hair and before I had a chance to tell him "no" he had already grabbed it full palm and 3 secs later started to cry. He threw it down and kept saying "no like mom, no like that, no like mom" We ran his hand under cold water for about 5 min. But, that only helped the pain as long as the water ran. As soon as it stoped he was back to crying. Poor little guy. He was so tuff. He walked around church with a cold pack in his right hand. He was fine as long as he was holding it. All thru church he would give it to me to hold and 2 seconds later he would take it back realizing letting go of the cold pack was not smart. He even took a nap holding it. His little hand is covered in blisters. The good thing is i got lots of hugs and cuddles from my big man.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ouch! Poor Thayne! Aaron had to learn that lesson the hard way too, but his was more self inflicted,on his 2nd birthday. I was on the phone w/ the moving co. that was going to move our stuff from WA to NC, and since I was on the phone, I was in my room w/ the door closed so I could hear. I had my curling irons packed in a box already, sitting on the bathroom floor. Aaron got one out, took it to the living room, plugged it in, and turned it on! (The DAY he turned 2! Smart little bugger!) A few seconds later Savannah came running into my room saying "Mommy, Aaron hurt his hand with your 'hot hair'". I hung up on the movers and ran to see what "hot hair" was and how he had been hurt by it. To this day, he has NEVER touched any of my "hot hairs" again.